Apple returns to the classic iPad form factor with the gold 9.7 iPad Pro. The display features a 2048 x 1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi). Using a DCI-P3 color space the iPad Pro display provides a wider color gamut than standard sRGB displays. And with more available colors the images will appear more vivid and reveal greater detail. The Retina Display delivers greater contrast more uniform brightness and improved energy efficiency through photo alignment technology an oxide TFT panel display lamination an anti-reflective coating and a variable refresh rate. The iPad Pro also features True Tone display which uses advanced four-channel ambient light sensors to dynamically adjust white balance and brightness.
Powering the 9.7 Retina display is the Apple A9X chip with a M9 motion coprocessor. The 3rd generation 64-bit chip can pump out desktop-class CPU performance and console-class graphics. The faster performance allows you to multitask with ease using iOS 9 features such as Picture in Picture Slide Over and Split View. Also the iPad Pro is capable of playing three simultaneous 4K video streams in iMovie. The iPad Pro also features 128GB of storage.
The rear 12MP iSight camera has an f/2.2 aperture and a True Tone flash. It can shoot Live Photos and 4K video as well as Full HD 1080p slow-motion video and panoramas up to 63MP in size. The 5MP front-facing camera allows you to FaceTime in HD with friends and family.
The iPad Pro comes with iOS 9 installed which features proactive assistance as well as powerful search and improved Siri features all while protecting your privacy. There are the aforementioned multitasking features for iPad which allow you to use multiple apps simultaneously as well as improvements to built-in apps. The Notes app has been redesigned the Maps app gives detailed transit information and the News app adds another way to keep up with the times. The foundation of iOS is even stronger with software updates that require less space to install and advanced security features to further protect your device.
While the Retina Display of the iPad Pro features multi-touch capabilities Apple does offer an alternative ways of interacting with the iPad Pro. The Apple Pencil is an optional accessory that can capture twice as many data points as your finger for greater precision. Force and tilt sensors transmit precise information to the iPad Pro so you can intuitively lay down lines of varying thickness and opacity. The Smart Keyboard is another optional accessory that connects to the Smart Connector on the iPad Pro which means you dont have to use Bluetooth. The Smart Keyboard has Apples dome switches for precision typing.
An Apple SIM card is included allowing you to select data plans from AT&T Sprint T-Mobile and GigSky. Please note that Verizon requires you to purchase their own nano SIM in order to use their network.
- 9.7 Retina Display
- Within the 9.7 LED-backlit touchscreen the 2048 x 1536 native resolution renders text and images at 264 pixels per inch and a total of over 3.1 million pixels. The display uses a bonded design which eliminates gaps between layers along with the internal reflections caused by those gaps. This results in richer colors greater contrast and sharper more vivid images. The display also features a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating to keep your screen clean. With its DCI-P3 color space the iPad Pro display provides a wider color gamut than standard sRGB displays.
- True Tone Display Technology
- The iPad Pro features True Tone technology which uses advanced four-channel ambient light sensors to dynamically adjust white balance as well as brightness. This allows the display to match the light around you for a more natural and accurate paper-white viewing experience.
- Photo Alignment
- To improve on-axis contrast Apple used an advanced process called photo alignment. This involves shining UV light to create a uniform terrain across the film coating on the thin film transistor and color filter so the displays liquid crystal molecules lie precisely where they should. Better-aligned molecules mean you see better contrast when looking directly at the display.
- Oxide TFT
- The oxide thin film transistor in the iMac Retina 5K display has been adapted to the Retina display on iPad Pro. The resulting TFT provides faster pixel charging and better brightness uniformity across the canvas.
- Variable Refresh Rate
- The iPad Pro knows when the content on your screen is static and cuts the refresh rate in half to 30 times per second instead of 60. This means that the screen isnt just big and bright; its energy efficient too.
- Timing Controller
- The timing controller or TCON is the brains of the display. It tells each pixel what to do and when to do it. Apple custom-designed the TCON to handle the Retina resolution giving it more bandwidth to allow lightning pixel control at fast speeds.
- 12MP iSight Camera
- The 12MP iSight camera can shoot Live Photos and even record in 4K video. It also has 1080p slow-motion video support.
- 5MP FaceTime HD Camera
- The front-facing camera features 5 megapixels and allows you to FaceTime in HD. It also has a True Tone software flash for a more natural-looking selfie.
- Portable & Lightweight
- The aluminum unibody of the iPad Pro measures 6.1 mm thin and weighs just under 1 pound.
- Four-Speaker Audio
- The iPad Pro has four innovative speakers that produce a stereo soundstage as enveloping as its display. The speaker housings have been machined directly into the unibody enclosure and their innovative architecture gives the speakers 61 percent more back volume compared to previous iPad audio designs. Youll hear a wider frequency range and up to three times more output than on any other iPad. The speakers in iPad Pro arent just high fidelity; theyre highly intelligent. While all four produce bass frequencies the topmost speakers are dedicated to higher frequencies. They also automatically recognize whether the device is in portrait or landscape view so youll always get vivid well-balanced sound; no matter how youre holding the iPad Pro.
- Smart Connector
- The Smart Connector is an interface that takes advantage of the two-way conductive fabric in the Smart Keyboard (sold separately). It allows iPad Pro to provide power to the Smart Keyboard and lets the Smart Keyboard relay each of your keystrokes back to iPad Pro. Simply align the Smart Keyboard to iPad Pro – just as you would with a Smart Cover – and start typing.
- A9X Chip with M9 Motion Coprocessor <
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.