If you have never really considered how your vacuum cleaner works, you are probably not alone. Plenty of people clean their floors without giving much thought to the science behind how a vacuum is able to lift things like dirt, debris and even your toddler's Cheerios from carpets and floors. As long as it picks up the big stuff, you're satisfied, right? And as long as the machine isn't throwing visible plumes of dirt and dust into the air, you're probably content with the way it works.
The thing is, not all vacuums work the same way. Different suction technologies can make a big difference in how much dirt and dust your machine picks up and how much it leaves behind. Hoover's WindTunnel technology is an advanced cleaning method that makes Hoover models some of the most effective vacuums available.
Types of WindTunnel Technology
The technology behind machines like the Hoover WindTunnel Air Vacuum UH70400 is Hoover's patented WindTunnel technology. Originally introduced in 1997, WindTunnel is unique in that it helps trap and channel dirt. This means dirt and dust are removed from your floors rather than being trapped, tossed and scattered back on your carpet.
Hoover has continued developing the WindTunnel system since its inception. Today, Hoover engineers have also paired WindTunnel 2 technology with a patent-pending, self-cleaning HEPA filter system on certain Hoover models. The self-cleaning features make Hoover's filter technology different from that of other vacuum manufacturers because the HEPA filter doesn't require removal and cleaning by the user. Instead, it cleans itself automatically every six seconds.
Features of the WindTunnel Air Vacuum UH70400
WindTunnel technology isn't the only thing that makes the Hoover WindTunnel Air convenient and effective. These other features and benefits make it a good choice:
- The WindTunnel Air weighs only 12 pounds, making it easy to use. It is also the lightest bagless full-size upright vacuum available.
- The vacuum's power controls are positioned conveniently making operation more comfortable and intuitive.
- A 30' power cord makes it easy to vacuum large rooms and hallways without constantly switching outlets.
- A clear nozzle with a no-scuff bumper helps to protect baseboards and furniture from nicks and scuffs
- The UH70400 Hoover vacuum features a deep reclining handle that makes it easier to clean underneath furniture.
- The WindTunnel Air model comes with convenient on-board tools for a deeper clean, and it includes a 12-inch extension wand, crevice tool, and dusting brush.
Overall the Hoover WindTunnel Air is a favorite of many with its easily detachable built-in cleaning wand and telescopic handle. The stair hose can be conveniently attached to the hose, making it possible to clean stairs without constantly lifting and moving the vacuum.
The WindTunnel Air is a bagless upright vacuum that requires minimal maintenance. In addition to the HEPA filter, the vacuum features a rinsable filter that can be cleaned by placing it under running water. With proper care, neither the filter will need to be replaced during the machine's warranty period.